Work opportunities with the partners of ConFlex
Ph.D. and Postdoc positions at FAU-Erlangen
A recently established Chair in Applied Analysis at the Department of Mathematics of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), in Germany, co-funded by an Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH) Professorship, led by Enrique Zuazua, is looking for outstanding candidates to fill several Ph.D. and Postdoctoral positions.
Possible research projects include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (PDE)
- Control of diffusion models arising in Biology and Social Sciences
- Modeling and control of multi-agent systems
- Hyperbolic models arising in traffic flow and energy transport.
- Fractional PDE
- Optimal design in Material Sciences
- Micro-macro limit processes
- The interplay between discrete and continuous modelling in design and control
- The emergence of turnpike phenomena in long-time horizons
- Inversion and parameter identification
- Development of new computation tools and software