ConFlex - Researching the control of flexible structures and fluid structure interactions
The ConFlex consortium is funded by the H2020-MSCA-ITN programme (grant agreement No 765579) . It aims to train next generation of researchers on the control of flexible structures and fluid-structure interactions, using and also contributing to the latest advances in control theory and energy-based modelling.
Locations and Partnerships
We are located at 10 universities in:
- Israel (Tel Aviv University),
- the UK (University of Warwick, Imperial College, University of Exeter),
- France (University de France-Comte, University de Bordeaux),
- Spain (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid),
- Germany (Bergische University Wuppertal, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg)
- The Netherlands (University of Twente).
In addition, we have four partner universities in Canada, China, USA and France and 11 prestigious industry partners, mostly from Europe.
The applications that we plan to investigate concern a wide range of flexible structures in interaction with fluids:
- wind turbines,
- aircraft wings,
- precision machine tools,
- vessels linked by cables as encountered in marine salvage operations
- microscopic electromechanical devices.
These apparently unrelated systems face similar challenges and will be analysed and controlled in a unified framework.
Latest updates from ConFlex
Boundary control of the wave equation by Prof. Enrique Zuazua — mini-course slides at the second network training of ConFlex consortium. Click below for the slides...Read more
The second network meeting of the ConFlex consortium was successfully held at Hotel Meliá Bilbao, Spain from 11 February to 21 February 2019. With two weeks’...Read more
An introduction to internal model based control by Prof. George Weiss — mini-course slides at the second network training of ConFlex consortium. Click below for...Read more